Twenty-five of Cache Valley’s arts world movers and shakers met yesterday to celebrate 10 years of working together to support the arts in Cache Valley through the grassroots Cache Valley Arts Summit. Lee’s Marketplace provided yummy cake. Staff of the Utah Division of Arts & Museums offered grantwriting training (a condensed 10 tips in 20 minutes), shared news from across the state, and gathered local issues and perspective.
A few accomplishments over the past 10 years that we celebrated (Did we mention there was cake?) include:
- Spearheading the reauthorization of the Restaurant Arts Parks and Zoos tax campaign (promoting both the arts and rec sides). RAPZ passed with 86% of the vote, higher than any other Utah community.
- Establishing the Cache Valley Arts District
- Helping return Summerfest downtown
- Winning two $10,000 competitive Creative Communities Initiative Grants
- Coordinating calendars – one year we discovered that three of us were planning to produce Alice in Wonderland
- Publishing over 20 Cache Valley Arts Calendars which include the events of many arts organizations
- Providing a forum for collaboration and networking. I was in the very first meeting, where two people who had collaborated over the phone and through email for years saw each others’ name tags and practically leapt over the tables to meet in person for the first time.
Here’s to the next 10 years of collaboration, advocacy, networking and professional development. Happy Anniversary Cache Valley Arts Summit!